As an alternative to Sports Day this year, the PE department has created a menu of challenge activities for you to try.
Here is our ‘Love of Sport’ presentation. The programme is due to take place next week 6th – 10th July and we are inviting you to send in photographs and video clips of you taking part. Results are not important as it is all about having a go and enjoying the challenges at home!
We look forward to seeing your sporting attempts
An important message for Year 10 regarding more school visits arranged for this term:
DC3 for Year 7 have now been added to the Parent Portal. These are full
Please contact IT.email@example.com with your full name and the name
of your child if you are having difficulty logging on.
The dedicated SAFEGUARDING page on our website contains details about Safeguarding procedures during the Covid-19 enforced school closure.
There is also a handy list of online links to help students and parents as we become more reliant on the internet and online technology to stay in touch. Each week we will focus on a different online safety tip. This week’s online safety tip is related to safely navigating YouTube. Click the link to find out more.
We have revamped the transition section of our website and to help ensure all Year 6 students are ready we have included lots of useful elements such as videos from staff, letters from the school and a new area called Be Awesome Go Big!
This is a nine session programme Year 6 students can enjoy as they prepare for September. Across the coming weeks we’ll highlight a specific session to focus on but the area is now ‘live’ so anyone can log in and take part.
More information will follow about exciting developments within the transition area which we’ll notify you on via the website and social media! For quick access, click the TRANSITION tab on our homepage to take you straight there. We will continue adding to this over the course of the summer term, so look out for all the exciting news and information to get you set for September!
We are pleased to say that plans are now in place to welcome year 10 back into school starting next Monday. This is so students will have some face to face contact with some teachers and their form teacher. There will be no formal lessons taught but plenty of opportunity to ask questions and receive help. Approximate timings will be 9-30 until 12-30 and students will be asked to arrive at slightly staggered times to support physical distancing.
Further details can be found in the Headteacher’s Newsletter and all students and parents have received email invitations..
Here is the schedule:
Monday 15th June 10M
Wednesday 17th June 10A
Friday 19th June 10R
Monday 22nd June 10D
Wednesday 24th June 10E
Friday 26th June 10N
We’re really impressed by all the entries so far for our special ‘At Home’ edition of our annual summer term talent show, Marden’s Got Talent! In fact, so many of you have asked for an extra few days to perfect your Marden’s Got Talent auditions that we’ve decided to extend the deadline to next Friday (12 June 2020).
I would like to thank you for your continued support in this period of uncertainty. We are currently also taking school orders via email as normal. firstname.lastname@example.org
After yesterday’s government update, I am pleased to say that we will be offering the following options to parents this summer.
As of tomorrow, we will be changing our website with the following information.
- Free delivery on all orders placed until the 1st July.
- After that, parents will either pay for delivery to home or use our “Click and Collect” option (starting date to be decided), They will not be able to order with “Delivery to School” as an option.
- I have a supply of paper tape measures for new starters (existing student should know the sizing etc….), please email email@example.com with the number you require and we will get them to you as soon as possible.
- We have put measuring videos on our website, which parents can use to purchase the correct size, using measurements they have taken at home.
- We currently offer a free returns system, where parents use our website to return items, parents must then make a new order for the correct size (i.e. this is not an exchange service, as garments must be safely stored (Covid-19) before going back into stock)
- We are also offering a “Click and collect” option in the future from our Benton shop only (date and times to be decided), but plan to stop this mid-August, so we don’t have the final rush of the summer with long queue’s (that we feel will be unsafe).
We will continue to follow the guidance and decide if/when our shops can re-open and what other changes can be safely made.
I would like to confirm that all our plans are working to time.
Our manufacturers have not missed any delivery dates as yet, so we will have a full stock available all summer and don’t foresee any shortfalls in supply for going back to School in September.
Please can you inform all parents of our proposals and express the need to order early (especially this year) so we can deliver all the correct uniform, with plenty of time available for exchanges.
Thanks for all of your help.
Glen from Emblematic