Our catering provider introduced the ParentPay cashless system for school meal payments
from September. Thank you to everyone who has registered on ParentPay.
The benefits of this are:
- Safe: no cash handling
- Secure: Set up payments online to pay for meals
- Peace of mind: Manage your account and see when meals have been taken and how
much your child has spent
- Faster: Reduces queues with faster transactions at the till
- No identification of pupils on free school meals
It is important that you set up your ParentPay account by October half term, for your
child to purchase school meals. Pupils can only pay for meals through ParentPay
with their unique QR code or pin number.
If you require activation details or a QR code or Pin Number, please email
Year 11 interim reports are now on the Parent Portal. Due to the current climate we will not be sending paper copies home. If you cannot log in please email email@example.com
Please note that these are ‘working at’ grades based on evidence to date. Mock exams will take place in November and inform DC2 which will be released at the start of January. More information about mock exams will be shared with pupils soon.
Virtual Open Nights coming up at Tyne Met College and QA College.
Our online open evening is now LIVE on our website! Click the THIS IS MARDEN tab on our homepage and have a look around! There are many interactive links, videos and pages to explore, including:
- Our Students – videos of our current students, discussing what it’s like to be a Marden student, and what the best thing is about coming to school.
- Our Staff – meet our Senior Leadership Team and our Head of Year 7, who have all made introductory videos outlining their roles and responsibilities.
- Our Curriculum – click our interactive map and visit each department for a taster of what sort of things you could learn at Marden.
- Our Building – floor maps of the school and a virtual tour of the building hosted by our students.
- Our Food – visit our Catering Services team. This page includes links of the different kinds of food available at Marden and where to get it.
- Our Community – our current cohort of parents and carers let us know what they think with testimonials, and a helpful FAQ page if you still haven’t find what you’re looking for.
- Our Prospectus – new for this academic year, our updated prospectus has even more detailed information.
So, although we’re unable to host you in our building at the moment, there’s a vast range of information online for you to explore. Enjoy!
Tuesday 29th September and Wednesday 7th October 2020 3.30pm – 5.00pm
Our ‘Settling In’ afternoon is an opportunity to talk to your child’s form tutor and discuss how your child has started their time at Marden High School, both socially and academically. Your child has received a letter with the time and date you have been allocated.
Due to current restrictions all of the appointments will be telephone appointments. We have given you a specific appointment time during one of the afternoons. These will run from 3.30pm – 5.00pm on Tuesday 29th September and Wednesday 7th October 2020. You have been allocated a five minute slot. Your child’s form tutor will call the first contact we have for you (that you have updated via the Parent Portal) at around the time indicated. If you are unable to access the ParentPortal please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would rather not receive a phone call or if it is more convenient to contact somebody who is not the first contact please contact Tracey Wearing at email@example.com or phone 0191 296 2771. Alternatively you can request an email update instead.
Due to current restrictions around opening times, phone calls are unable to be made after 5.00pm.
Well done again to the 2020 leavers on your excellent GCSE grades.
Please be aware that if you wish to resit an exam, in the Autumn term, at Marden you need to notify Ms Lively at firstname.lastname@example.org
by the 17th September
for all subjects, apart from English and Maths where the deadline is the 3rd October.