On Monday 12 July 2021 we will be hosting a remote transition evening for Year 7s joining us in September via Google Meet, where form tutors will be delivering a short presentation introducing themselves and explaining a little more about the role of a Year 7 Form Tutor. The Google Meet will take place at 4pm. We ask that cameras and microphones are turned off during the presentation.
In addition to this, there is an opportunity to book a five minute appointment with your child’s new form tutor if there is anything that you wish to discuss with them ahead of September. Appointments will run from 4.20pm to 5.50pm.
Information about how to attend the transition evening and book individual appointments has been emailed to Year 6 parents/carers by Miss Laing. This video guide to our Parents Evening Booking System may also be of use.
If you have any further queries or if there is anything that you would like to discuss about your child please do not hesitate to contact me, as Transition Coordinator and Head of Year 7, at [email protected].
Starting secondary school offers many exciting opportunities for children and their families. At Marden High School, we are committed to ensuring that our new students feel comfortable and happy about such a big change in their lives. The smooth transition that we offer for our new intake is achieved through positive, frequent communication between students, staff, parents/carers and governors.
We aim for a transition process that:
Promotes the smooth transition of children throughout their five years at Marden High School and beyond
Prevents and alleviates stress for students and their families
Ensures continuity of teaching and learning
Throughout Year 6 we hope that your child will become familiar with the staff and surroundings of Marden High School. The Transition page on our website has a selection of introductory videos, with the aim of giving students an idea of what it is like to be a Marden student and to introduce them to some key staff. On the page we answer frequently asked questions and some of our current students speak about what it is like to be a Marden High School student.
All relevant information can be found on the website, alongside a video aimed at introducing parents to key staff. These include Headteacher Matt Snape, our SENDCO Bronia Reece, our Head of Year 7, Emma Laing, our transition learning mentor, Mrs Atkinson and, towards the end of the summer term, our six Year 7 Form Tutors.
Keep checking the website for updates and information about upcoming Parents Events.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us!
I would like to thank you for your continued support in this period of uncertainty. We are currently also taking school orders via email as normal. [email protected]
After yesterday’s government update, I am pleased to say that we will be offering the following options to parents this summer.
As of tomorrow, we will be changing our website with the following information.
- Free delivery on all orders placed until the 1st July.
- After that, parents will either pay for delivery to home or use our “Click and Collect” option (starting date to be decided), They will not be able to order with “Delivery to School” as an option.
- I have a supply of paper tape measures for new starters (existing student should know the sizing etc….), please email [email protected] with the number you require and we will get them to you as soon as possible.
- We have put measuring videos on our website, which parents can use to purchase the correct size, using measurements they have taken at home.
- We currently offer a free returns system, where parents use our website to return items, parents must then make a new order for the correct size (i.e. this is not an exchange service, as garments must be safely stored (Covid-19) before going back into stock)
- We are also offering a “Click and collect” option in the future from our Benton shop only (date and times to be decided), but plan to stop this mid-August, so we don’t have the final rush of the summer with long queue’s (that we feel will be unsafe).
We will continue to follow the guidance and decide if/when our shops can re-open and what other changes can be safely made.
I would like to confirm that all our plans are working to time.
Our manufacturers have not missed any delivery dates as yet, so we will have a full stock available all summer and don’t foresee any shortfalls in supply for going back to School in September.
Please can you inform all parents of our proposals and express the need to order early (especially this year) so we can deliver all the correct uniform, with plenty of time available for exchanges.
Thanks for all of your help.
Glen from Emblematic