I am the Deputy Headteacher. As part of my role, I oversee Student Progress and Curriculum, with the following responsibilities:
- The Guided Choices programme for Year 9
- Parents’ evenings and reports
- Pupils’ progress across the whole school
- The extra-curricular opportunities on offer
- Literacy across the curriculum
- Marking, feedback and assessment
Assistant Headteacher for Personal Development and wellbeing
As Assistant Headteacher for Personal Development and Wellbeing I ensure all students are happy, safe and and behaving responsibly and respectfully towards others. I do this through my work in the following areas:
- Leading Behaviour for Learning, including the inclusive rewards programme
- Overseeing attendance and punctuality.
- Supporting fundraising through student-led charity work.
- Leading our Student Voice through The Cabinet and Form Representatives.
- Support families by ensuring the Pupil Premium fund is effectively used.
- Overseeing the House System and weekly House Challenge.
- Support for wellbeing including leading end of term activities and celebrations.
- Leading the school theme and weekly message through form time and assembly coordination.
Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion
I am Assistant Head responsible for Inclusion and am the school SENDCO. In this
role I am:-
- Responsible for ensuring that students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities make progress.
- Designated Teacher for Looked After Children and adopted children.
- Designated Teacher for Young Carers.
- Mental Health Lead.
I am also the school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead and lead on Child
Assistant Headteacher for Teaching & Learning
In my role as Assistant Headteacher I am responsible for:
- Teaching and learning
- Staff development
As Business Manager I lead and advise on all matters relating to Finance, Premises and Health & Safety
- Ensure financial systems in place in accordance with the schools Finance Policy
- Ensure accurate financial records are reported to Headteacher and to Governors.
- Prepare three-year budget plan for approval by Governors
- Manage the security, maintenance, heating, cleaning and other site services.
- Lead on site and building improvement plans
- Oversee all service and maintenance contracts
Health and Safety
- Chair the Safe and Healthy Schools Committee
- Implement the school’s H&S Policy and review for approval by governors
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out for all educational visits.