North Tyneside Council’s annual Apprenticeship Fair, Get Up and Go!, is back to a face-to-face event this year. As usual there will be a variety of employers and training providers with advice on Apprenticeships, training, and employment.
Come along on Saturday 11 February between 9.30am and 12.30pm to meet local employers and training providers. The event is being held at North Tyneside Council’s HQ, The Quadrant, NE27 0BY.
KS4 Work Experience Programme
3rd July – 7th July
Are you interested in a career in Museums, Art Galleries or in the heritage sector?
In the summer term, Tyne and Wear Archives and Museums (TWAM) are offering KS4 students a focused week of work experience.
We are offering 12 places for students from schools across our locality.
The week will consist of the following:
- Learning about how TWAM and the wider Museum sector works.
- Meeting Museum and Gallery staff and learning about the many varied roles available in the Cultural/Heritage sectors.
- Observing Front facing members of staff as they work with the public, schools and also the important work behind the scenes.
- Work in groups on a live project that answers questions that are important to the running of museums and galleries.
- Present their findings to members of TWAM staff at the end of the experience
- Earn a Bronze Arts Award as part of their experience.
Schools who are interested in their students taking part in this experience will be offered a minimum of 2 places. All we ask is their chosen students send us a letter of application detailing why they wish to take part.
Students will be invited to an interview at one of our venues during the second half of the spring term.
To discuss the details of this programme please contact – Thomas Elwick 0191 277 2174 or email [email protected]
Deadline for applications is Wednesday 15th February 2023 (12:00pm)
Please find below information on an exciting new opportunity at Tyne Met College.
They are now offering a wide range of Distance Learning courses, from Care to Sport, all of which are free of charge.
This could be a fantastic opportunity for staff, or parents of pupils to access free training and qualifications that can be done at home.
On Tuesday, Year 9 sat in on a careers talk from former Marden student Josiah Riley, who spoke to them about studying at Cambridge and his current NanoScience PhD which he is studying! An invaluable and enlightening discussion from a former alumni!
Tyne Met College and Queen Alexandra Sixth Form are hosting their next Advice and Enrolment event next Tuesday, 6th December 5pm – 7pm.
The next Careers at Sea Open Day at South Shields Marine School is on Saturday 28th January 2023. Additional information: